- Cool down in the unpolluted waters of the Groot Marico or canoe
up and down the river. Try the nifty swing over the river.
- Pack a daypack and go bird watching next to the river .
- Stop for a picnic next to the charming old canal and dream the
- Hike up Stone Clad Mountain (7 km's of trails) and savour some wild fruits on your
- Take a leisurely drive on one of the scenic routes in the area
and visit the Marico eye the source of the river that flows through
- Especially on a crisp winter’s night, take
a sleeping bag and gaze up at the myriad of star that fills the
unpolluted southern sky.
- Join us for drumming over most weekends.
- Fishing is good during summer. Please practise catch-and-release
except, with Black Bass which should be removed from the river
- even small ones - as they are decimating the endemic Yellow
We also offer Marico Retreats @ 'The Well'. For more information about the next one. click here